- LGBTQIA Helpline: 866.488.7386 (Available 24/7, free and confidential)
Online chat and texting options also available. Standard text messaging rates apply.
- Trans Lifeline US: (877) 565-8860 Transgender Crisis Hotline.
- Iowa Sexual Assault Victim Services: 1.800.284.7821 (Available 24/7, free and confidential)
- Riverview Center: 888.557.0310
- rehabcenter.net: An organization connecting people seeking treatment to the resources they need.
- Dubuque Crisis Line: 855.800.1239
Toll Free hotline 24 hours/7 Days Per Week, this crisis line is provided by the Hillcrest Family Crisis Team, all calls are confidential.
This is me Iowa - Resources for the transgender community of Iowa
- Drugrehab.com (Information and answers for people fighting addiction.)
rehabcenter.net: An organization connecting people seeking treatment to the resources they need.
- APA Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Concerns Office
(American Psychological Association)
(Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays)
COMING OUT RESOURCES
The Human Rights Campaign has compiled a brochure with various resources for coming out.
The Human Rights Campaign has designed a coming out guide for those whose gender identity does not match with that assigned to them at birth.
The Human Rights Campaign has designed a brochure for LGBTQ Catholics who aim to lead their faith communities in a welcoming direction, and LGBTQ Catholics who are navigating life within Catholic communities.
Advocates for Youth provides guides in Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Spanish, and Vietnamese on transgender issues.
ALLY TRAINING RESOURCES
- The Safe Zone Project
Downloadable 2-hour curriculum, including participant & leader guides as well as search for specific activities by time, topic, and type.
Offered at UD occasionally. Contact Amy Baus (email@example.com) for more information.
MORE UNIVERSITY OF DUBUQUE RESOURCES
- Healthy UD
In order to help empower the community at the University of Dubuque and in the surrounding area, the library has put together a wellness guide called Healthy UD. This is an evolving collection of resources related to mental, physical, and spiritual wellness. Healthy UD is not meant to be a substitute for professional counseling, but rather a supplement or guide.
- Charles C. Myers Library
The library has both academic/non-fiction films and books as well as fiction books, magazines, & movies that deal with LGBTQ themes or are LGBTQ-friendly. See the following links for selected resources.
- Movies with LGBTQ themes
- Books with LGBTQ themes
- Sexual Diversity & Gender Identity
American Association of University Professors
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender (GLBT) Knowledge Community
National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA)
GAY STRAIGHT ALLIANCE