Safe Zone training is an interactive workshop where participants will learn about topics that impact the LGBTQ+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer) community and how they can better support people who identify as LGBTQ+. Program is geared for adult community members ages 18+.
At the end of this training, participants will:
- Have the opportunity to reflect on their experiences with people who identify as LGBTQ+
- Understand basic LGBTQ+ terms and concepts
- Learn about the experiences of people who identify as LGBTQ+
- Feel more confident and comfortable when interacting with people who identify as LGBTQ+
- Identify ways to support people who identify as LGBTQ+ in our communities
Molly Menster, LMSW, is currently a therapist/hypnotherapist at Body & Soul Wellness Center & Spa. Formerly, she was an Intercultural Competence Trainer and Consultant for the City of Dubuque. Molly has nearly 20 years of facilitation experience, including Safe Zone trainings. She has a passion for cultivating understanding within and amongst cultural groups.
Clare Forstie, MA, is an instructor who teaches about LGBTQ+ topics at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville and a PhD candidate from Northwestern University who studies gender, sexuality, and community. She has spoken at community events and facilitated Safe Zone, LGBTQ+ 101, and Trans 101 trainings.
$50 suggested donation accepted day of training. Donation is a suggestion and should not be a barrier to attend program. MFC programs and events are free thanks to donor contributions